Let’s make a pledge to write.
Going away to a fabulously beautiful destination for a week or two sounds perfect for a writing retreat, but in reality, it’s actually not.
- You never have a whole weekend free, let alone a spare fortnight
- Going far away for a retreat is expensive once you add all the costs up
- You waste valuable writing time by travelling
- You don’t develop a regular habit of writing, that also fits in with your regular schedule and continues to be productive
- Wouldn’t you rather explore and enjoy a lovely new place rather than staring at your computer screen?
The solution? One day city based writing retreats.
- Write without distraction or interruption, in a quiet space.
- Commit to writing. No excuses. Like signing up for a personal trainer, except without the lycra and sweat. (Unless that’s your writing style….)
- Leave with a sense of achievement. You will be closer to finishing that best-selling novel, movie script, short story, or book of poems.
- Meet other writers, find likeminded buddies and join a supportive, helpful and creative community.
- Find advice and inspiration, including writing prompts, helpful tips and rocket fuel*.
- Still get a chance to meet personal obligations, get chores done and enjoy family time over the weekend on the non-retreat day.
- Bask in the glow of being a writer who writes. Yay!
Each venue has excellent coffee and cake available, as well as a large menu of main meals that caters for all allergy and dietary requirements. *Food and drinks are not included in the retreat price but are available for you to purchase separately on site.
It’s a no-brainer and total bargain –
- only £25 per person
- uber productive
- super convenient
- cheap as chips retreat.
Saturday, 24th of March, 2018 10 am – 4pm On the Red Kite 45, 46, ToonLink 6, Number 49 and 49A bus routes. £25
Sunday, 25th of March, 2018 10 am – 4 pm Bus numbers 32, 18, 39, 91 and the Q3 Quaylink £25
- Please arrive ten minutes before the writing retreat is due to start so that we can all begin on time.
- If you have any questions before the retreat please send a contact email.
- Don’t forget your notebook with pens and/or laptop plus your power pack and any other notes you need.
- There will be writing prompts and helpful worksheets available, as well as the facilitator who can assist you.
- There will also be the chance to discuss with the rest of the group following the writing session or, if you prefer, the contact details of writing groups where works are shared and critiqued.
Full refunds are available up to one week before the event. After that, no refunds can be made for any reason, including any no shows on the day. You are free to resell your retreat space to another writer if you cannot make the event. For refunds, please contact the event organiser using the contact form.
Cancellation: If unforeseen circumstances cause the event to be cancelled, all attendees will be informed as soon as possible and a full refund will be made. However, there will be no responsibility for covering any travel or other costs incurred by attendees.
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
Writer’s Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers by Christopher Vogler
Bird by Bird: Some Instruction on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott